Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Apexing

Lately I have been feeling very responsible. I have been working 5 days a week, intermittently going to school, and staying up on my studies. At least I thought I was doing well...

I'm taking this math class online. I didn't know it was on-line when I signed up, and kind of regret it now. I've never been good with math so it really helps to have a human there to keep going over problems and showing handy shortcuts to me. This online math program is good, but it makes everything much more complicated than it really should be. This doesn't help me muster up a pat on the back for math.

You see, there was an "add/drop period" when the program worked just fine and no hassle was issued. The other day, I logged on to do some work and the program said I needed to input a serial number to keep using the software, since the "add/drop" period had concluded. My instructor sent out an email warning us of this atrocity and that we'd have to buy a $100 code from the campus bookstore! (except if we were in math 21 or 22). I sometimes have trouble keeping which number of math I'm in straight. I am no good with math. So I thought I was in the safe math that was tariff-free. WRONG!

Now I am close to 2 weeks behind in my math class because of this code bologna, AND have to pay $100 dollar for something I despise. It's like paying someone $100 dollars to punch out all my teeth.

With me keeping up on all my other school work and working my butt of throughout the week at work, I thought I was doing quite well. I was almost at the top of the mountain, but that guy I have to pay $100 dollars to punch my teeth out was waiting for me, and knocked me straight back down.

I'm slowly picking up my teeth and trying to recuperate. I have 2 little nuggets of wisdom for you:

1. Don't take math online if you suck at it in the first place.
2. If you do, watch out for that suckerpunch.

No comments: